The main function of the Compliance Head/Manager is to safeguard the company for non-compliance with AML/CTF and Sanctions laws and (internal) regulations and protect the company from being used for unlawful activities. The role also involves implementing Global Privacy Program throughout the relevant countries. The Compliance Head/Manager stays abreast of all applicable regulatory regimes and other industry requirements that may have an impact on the company’s business. This includes payments industry compliance and related privacy obligations and best practices throughout the company and partners.
The Compliance Head/Manager will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will be part of the global Compliance team, which consists of compliance officers located in the other countries, who are tasked with mitigating the company’s regulatory & compliance risks and raising awareness of regulatory & compliance obligations. The role will also have a dotted line to the Global Chief Privacy Officer. The role will require the person to:
· Establish and maintain effective compliance risk management and control systems, including AML/CTF and Sanctions monitoring and reporting.
· Be the point of contact with the local regulatory & supervisory authorities with a focus on Southeast Asia jurisdictions and providing timely advice to the company on relevant changes in the compliance and regulatory environment in these countries.
· Obtain, maintain and renew relevant regulatory licences for all applicable jurisdictions, including the preparation and submission of all required documentation. These jurisdictions include Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Australia, China and Japan.
· Manage, maintain and integrate all compliance policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- financial crimes and payment compliance, including sanctions, anti-money laundering, combating the financing of terrorism and etc.
- Know-Your-Client and Customer Due Diligence
- Anti-corruption and anti-bribery
- Regulatory reporting
- Data Protection/Privacy Laws
- Serve as the regional privacy coordinator and implement our Global privacy program by
- implementing privacy policies
- maintain data privacy registers
- conduct privacy assessments and reviews of new and existing products and services in conjunction with othe team members
- advise on privacy and data protection incident notification and customer remediation as required on a regional basis
- provide responses to requests from data subjects
· Work closely with senior management, global Compliance and Privacy teams and relevant stakeholders on business proposals and advise accordingly on regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions.
· Foster a strong compliance and privacy culture within the company by conducting regular training and raising compliance awareness and standards of all employees.
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related discipline and ICA certification (IBF Accredited Programs)
- Minimum 8-10 years’ of relevant experience in compliance in the Payments, Fintech or Financial Services industry
- Strong knowledge of supervision laws applicable to payment service providers in the applicable jurisdictions, around AML, sanctions, anti-bribery and anti-corruption etc. is a strong plus
- Knowledge of applicable privacy and data protection legislation in the relevant countries
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Proactive with a high degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills and an ability to demonstrate sound risk and business judgment
· Analytical skills and consistent attention to details / accuracy
· Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional international teams