Communications & Marketing Officer
UWC South East Asia is member of the UWC movement and a K-12 international school in Singapore. The school provides a challenging, holistic education to more than 5,500 students based across two campuses. Founded in 1971, UWCSEA is a not-for-profit school and is widely regarded as one of the leading international schools in the world.
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join us as: COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING OFFICER .
The Communications and Marketing Officer leads communication services on the Dover Campus, producing and sending regular mass communications so as to create a positive experience for audiences. The Communications and Marketing Officer creates and distributes n high quality online and hard copy content, including flagship weekly parent communications, updating calendar and web pages and collaborating with Department Heads across the College to create marketing collateral. The purpose of the role is to support an integrated, mission-aligned and high quality communications experience for internal and external stakeholders and to tell the UWCSEA story in innovative ways, including identifying and researching stories, writing formal articles and producing social media content.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree Marketing, Public Relations, Mass Communications, Digital Media or relevant subject areas is required.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in advertising, marketing or communications in a fast paced energetic environment
- Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot, CRM systems, websites and/or design software is a significant advantage
SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Team player with a willingness to be involved in all aspects of school life and the ability to be flexible and create positive relationships across the College
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, with proven experience in producing, editing and proofreading English language content and the ability to produce draft press releases and other written materials
- Meticulous, with exceptional attention to detail, able to multi-task and highly independent
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint with a working knowledge of Mac platform, pages, keynote and collaborative software such as google, calendar and event planning
- The ability to and implement market research and ‘environmental scanning’ in key areas is valued
- Previous experience in a K1-12 students environment with the ability to involve them further in the communications activity is a bonus
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal by 26 September 2018, 12 midnight (SG time).
United World College of South East Asia