Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 1-Jul-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Follow orders and advice instructed by Chef de Partie and Sous Chefs to perform job task following directions.
- Adapt yourself to business needs and be willing to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Remain focus and complete one task before switching to the next one.
- Follow work list assigned by Chef de Partie, completed within acceptable time frame.
- Attend and participate in company trainings, embracing learning opportunities with a positive attitude and adhere to company philosophy.
- Work calmly and efficiently while promoting good working relations in the culinary/pastry/bakery department.
- Able to demonstrate a positive attitude and take pride in one’s work. This must be reflected in the product produced for our guests to consume.
- Be aware of and adhere to company policies and statutory requirements with regards to health and safety, sanitation, and fire procedures.
- Report to culinary management any maintenance defects using the correct and proper procedures.
- Maintain high standards of grooming for oneself and subordinates ensuring good customer relations are maintained at all times, in particular when working in the public areas of the hotel.
- Ensure that you report to work on time as per culinary department schedules. Report any sickness or absence from work using the correct procedures.
Kitchen / Food
- Monitor the production of food items to ensure they are in compliance with the prescribed recipes and specifications. Adhere to all the standards of food presentation, production, and portioning controls.
- Ensure quality of food items according to the standards in place. It includes ensuring all food items are in perfect sanitary condition, applying “First in First out!” kitchen best practice.
- Ensure all food products are stored properly in their appropriate fridges and storage containers throughout a shift.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in and around all culinary work areas and ensure that all colleagues clean their stations after every service.
- Ensure safe and proper use of equipment at all times and to instruct this to all culinary colleagues.
- Degree / Diploma and Certification in Culinary Arts
- 1-3 years of experiences as culinary arts.
- Able to identify different kind and categories of raw materials.
- Can differentiate the various type of cuisines.
- Basic cooking and sanitary knowledge
- Monitoring of basic cooking preparation techniques and utilization of knives.
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Willing and able to work shift work.