Commis Cook (Healthcare/Central)
The Commis Cook will assist the cooks/ chef on tasks in for receiving /collecting of goods and raw ingredients according to census issued from stored. The incumbent will assist in the preparation, Ie: washing / cutting / marinating/ packing / assembly / dishing and distributing chores process and in ALL culinary expects within the hospital/ healthcare environment. The incumbent will also ensure that dishes are well prepared and adhere to prescribed standards at all times.
- Check and verifying for menu of the day and check for the number of meal to prepare given by section chefs.
- Prepare and Identify the recipe and ingredients to be used.
- Cut and standby mis-en place for day and day after.
- Work under supervision of Snr Cooks /Chef De Parties/ Sous Chef/ Executives Chef to perform duties as assigned or rostered.
- Comply with the production standards and daily belting attendance.
- Transferring cooked foods to serving area.
- Ensuring hot cabinet for hot foods are cleaned before plugged on.
- Be on time at designated station at schedule timing to serve the food.
- Comply and participate in daily belting and dishing operationally ensuring all foods established portion sizes, texture accordingly.
- Comply and exercise patients diet chits diligently.
- Maintain discipline and comply to the house rule and regulation at all time.
- Carry out and comply with kitchen cleaning orderly and safely as assigned or rostered.
- Comply to foods, health and work safety are observed at ALL time.
- Comply on proper food segregation, foods sampling, for laboratory test.
- Ensure the food is properly cooked, stored and complies with the standards.
- Maintain and comply with daily cleaning of kitchen equipment.
- Comply and exercise FIFO, Date dots and color codes.
- Ensure that raw ingredients (Wet/ Dry) are collected timely and as per required.
- Ensure raw ingredients are not over stocking and are on par level at all time.
- Ensure there is no wastage, spoilage, expiring/dented food cans when collection and records all rejected items.
- Obeyed all SOPs, records and filled in all food / cooking and holding temperature.
- Participate in healthy week or any healthcare related activity and cooking demo as and when needed.
- Assist to push foods trolleys to patience wards/ wards ration in downtime.
- Perform any other duties assigned by managers and Chefs.
- Minimum completed primary education.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in restaurant / café kitchen/ food production environment.
- Comfortable working in kitchen and large group environment.
- Able to recognized basic vegetables, utensil, cookery and kitchen tools.
- Able to handle kitchen tools (ie: knives /peeler/ sauce ladler and spoons)
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Kindly email your resume in a detailed Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
People Profilers Pte Ltd
EA Licence Number: 02C4944
Tel: 6950 9756
EA Registration Number: R1874000
EA Personnel: Ang Li Ling Jane
People Profilers Pte Ltd