Collections / Senior Accounts Executive (3-month), Office of Finance
- Perform cashier duties and reconcile daily collection receipts to be processed at Office of Finance.
- Ensure all receipts to SMU made via various modes (cheques, cashier orders, mail orders (credit cards), GIRO, telegraphic transfers and e-payments) are recorded and posted into accounting system timely and correctly matched against student and corporate accounts.
- Apply funds received from the external organization to student accounts including all financial assistance funds.
- Download daily bank statements and update remarks on receipts working file.
- Match and clear receipting entries of various payment modes in SAP system.
- Issue receipts to customers promptly when requested.
- Perform credit control responsibilities by following up on students/customers who are due/overdue in payment to SMU.
- Process refund to students, customers or external organization such as corporations, CPF, PSEA , Mendaki etc.
- Respond to queries from students, customers or internal stakeholders at the counter, or Finance mailboxes.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations or reconciliations of other modes of payment.
- Ensure timely completion of all month end financial closing tasks, including posting of all journals , preparation of bank reconciliation and audit schedules.
- Participant in projects / tasks that may be assigned by Reporting / Approving Officer.
- Minimum Diploma in Accountancy or a related discipline with minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in any of the major accounting software (SAP, Oracle PeopleSof t, etc).
- Strong accounting knowledge, especially in identifying and posting bank receipts will be an added advantage.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel.
- A proactive team player but with the ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
- Results and service oriented individual who possesses initiative and the ability to communicate effectively with all level of staff.
- Committed, meticulous, organised and resourceful with positive work attitude.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University