Cloud Native App Developer/Architect, 2-year contract
Cloud Native App Developer/Architect
The candidate will work with the project teams to develop web-based software application. The software systems would be built with end-user perspective and requirements in mind for eventual delivery.
The candidate will also be playing a key role in architecting solutions based on cloud native practice, leading, designing and implementing innovative software solutions.
- Develop, implement web-based software applications in various industry domain which can include logistics automation, intelligent building applications and others.
- Develop software components with Microservices-based Architecture.
- Work with industry end-users to understand the domain, work flow processes, requirements, use cases, IT infrastructure, data and information, etc., for the development of the software systems
- Subject matter expert in Cloud Native, Agile, DevOps and CI/CD to all levels of management and project teams.
- Assist in development and delivery of training in Cloud Native Application Development.
- Coach and mentor project developers and architects.
- Participate in guiding / defining the cloud native development processes, standards, and policies.
- Work with research institutes and technology providers to bridge their technology software, assess the maturity and feasibility of technical solutions, design common interface to integrate different functional applications, conduct rigorous robustness and verification tests.
- Document requirements, codes and prepare reports in the software development lifecycle.
- Background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5-7 years of working experience in full-stack software development.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Native principles and techniques such as Microservices-based architecture, and RESTful API development and container-based software deployment.
- Well versed in software system engineering principles and technologies (e.g. Agile)
- Hands-on experience with any of the following IaaS platforms: AWS, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or Alicloud
- Hands on experience with Cloud Native PaaS platforms (e.g. OpenShift, CloudFoundry, etc.) and container solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Strong technical hands-on experience in software system development using backend framework, such as Express, Django, RAILS. SOA based applications in Java/Microservices apps with frameworks and libraries such as Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, JDBC, JMS, JMX
- Experience in implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience in architecting with DevOps tooling and processes
- Familiar with mobile development in iOS or Android will be a plus.
- Software Engineering background
- Possess critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present clearly both verbally and in written form
- A team player with strong communication skill
Position will commensurate with experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Info-communications Media Development Authority