Clinical Oncology Segment Manager
The Oncology Segment Manager, will be responsible for developing market opportunities in the translational and clinical oncology space. The main tasks include assessment of the market dynamics, understanding customer requirements, and establishing relationships with stakeholders (KOLs, clinics, government bodies, and internal Illumina resources) in order to establish and implement a go-to-market strategy for the district. The role also involves working with the district marketing communication team to establish compelling messaging and positioning for Illumina products and services in these markets, create awareness, generate demand, and enable the sales team through guidance, tools and training.
- Primary district point of contact for utilization of Illumina technologies in Clinical and Translational Oncology, facilitating inbound and outbound communication, and ensuring alignment with internal stakeholders.
- Solicit and consolidate input from customers and field staff within the district to provide in-depth market analysis and insight regarding customer and market needs, issues and opportunities.
- Assist field district marketing & sales teams by providing guidance for product messaging and positioning and identifying target customers.
- Provide market information and analysis to the APAC directors/managers and/or Global Product Managers on a regular basis (monthly and/or quarterly).
- Proactively identify and enhance opportunities to improve customer satisfaction with Illumina’s products through sound technical, product and application knowledge.
- Work with other district marketing staff to coordinate the planning and execution of Clinical Oncology product launches within the district, and to plan and execute other marketing communications, events and promotional activities.
- Coordinate local collaborations and proof-of-principle studies to generate proof statements and customer advocates for our technologies.
- Assess training needs and coordinate training opportunities across the district.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
All About You Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, sales and/or market development in life sciences, or related industries required
- Experience in the Oncology segment is an advantage
- Experience and understanding of genomic technologies and how they can be utilized in the Oncology market
- The ability to evaluate new market opportunities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to persuade
- Proven ability to lead and influence a broad spectrum of constituents (product management, sales, etc.) with divergent interests in order to create a defined and focused course of action
- University/College Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline
- Advanced degree in business (MBA) or related discipline is an advantage
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven en