Client Director, SMU Executive Development
- Achieve agreed revenue and contribution targets for Custom Programmes within each period.
- Maintain client satisfaction with relationship with SMU-ExD.
- Find the clients and develop the relationships for Custom Programme.
- Support and initiate marketing events and sales outreach activities.
- Manage the client through the pipeline.
- Maintain the Sales and Marketing system and database up-to-date and with comprehensive information of the client and client interactions; including all contact information, all communications and all materials shared with the client or prepared for the client.
- Understand the needs, context, constraints, concerns and aspirations of the client.
- Correspond with the client in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure HOD has full and timely visibility of all client (and potential client) discussions, opportunities and issues.
- Work with Programme Director to curate programme’s content and design, and appointment of faculty.
- Negotiate terms with the client in order to achieve the revenue, pricing and margin and other requirements of SMU-ExD whilst ensuring client comfort levels and satisfaction with the commercial relationship.
- Ensure the clients sign the booking agreements in a timely manner.
- Ensure that team members and faculty who interact with the client and support client delivery are fully briefed.
- Host the client when on-campus (or during over-seas deliveries).
- Oversight of the quality of program delivery; manage client expectations.
- Manage follow-up and review processes with client.
- Ensure the timely collection of all fees from the client.
- Obtain support for testimonial and referrals from client.
- Maintain, over multiple years, the relationship with the client whilst also identifying opportunities for expansion of the revenues and profitability achieved by SMU with the client.
- Provide faculty, programme director, operations and admin teams with feedback.
- Participation in marketing initiatives.
- Identify additional faculty and skills that could introduced to the programs run by SMU-ExD.
- Contribute to the development of SMU-ExD through sharing of competitor and market intelligence and the contribution of ideas for enhancement.
- Other activities in support of SMU-ExD as required.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with minimum 8 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Successful track record of entrepreneurial leadership, strategic marketing, and business acumen.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding in managing and representing a premium brand such as SMU-ExD.
- Self-motivated and a keen team player. Results-oriented team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others. A good listener with high energy and drive.
- Adept at simultaneously managing multiple clients.
- High energy and positive outlook; integrity, bias to action, tolerance for process, sense of humor.
- Strong record of accomplishment of consultative sales.
- Familiar with the continuing education and/or executive development sector.
- Familiar with the needs of corporate clients, tenders and writing competitive proposals.
- Ability to build mutually beneficial strategic relationships within senior levels of target organisations.
- Significant experience in solution selling and displaying a “hunter” mindset and ideally within professional services and consulting organisations.
- An understanding and appreciation of the changing nature of learning and the future of work.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing business development strategies Excellent sales, presentation and negotiation skills with hands on experience in relationship management.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and on a tight timeline.
- Experience in using CRM and other online sales tools.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated educational requirements and/or work experience may be considered. If successful in their job application, they will be offered a job title and salary package commensurate with their educational qualifications and work experience
Singapore Management University