Chinese Language Teacher
EduGrove is looking for passionate and dedicated Chinese Language Teachers to join our teaching team. We are especially looking for teachers who possess a fun and bubbly disposition and want to teach in a fun and engaging way! If you have 3 or more years of experience teaching Chinese Language in Singapore, love children, and can speak and write fluently in English, then we want you!
- Conduct Chinese Language enrichment lessons according to the teaching plan provided with enthusiasm
- Teach using specially designed fun-filled interactive activities, drama and games to students from Playgroup level to pre-schoolers, primary and/or secondary students.
- Plan, review and evaluate lessons.
- Update and correspond with parents after each class.
- Give regular feedback to parents on students’ needs and wellbeing.
- Provide clear and confident explanation of programmes and activities to prospective customers.
- Update and tailor-make existing curriculum to better suit each class.
- Assist in the Head of Curriculum in developing new course curriculum.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Education/ Chinese Studies/ Chinese Language or other related degrees from NUS, NTU, NIE or other reputable university.
- Must be able to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently. (Lessons will be conducted in Mandarin language and communication with parents in English).
- Candidates with experience teaching in primary or secondary levels in Ministry of Education Schools are preferred.
- Must have a good understanding of Singapore’s Ministry of Education’s Chinese Language curriculum.
- Must be passionate in learning and teaching.
- Must love working with children.
- Must possess a fun-loving, energetic and bubbly disposition.
- Candidates with experience or training in drama have an added advantage.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications, e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must be able to work on Saturdays and/or Sundays (5-day work week).
- Candidates with less than 3 years of teaching experience are welcome to apply too.
Selected candidates will undergo at least 2 to 6 months of training (depending on level of teaching experience) before being assigned to teach.
WHY JOIN US?
- We offer attractive salary that commensurate with work experience
- We provide opportunities for career advancement within the company
- We provide healthcare and medical benefits
EduGrove Mandarin Enrichment Centre provides Mandarin enrichment classes to toddlers from 1 year old; to students from kindergarten, primary, secondary and JC levels.
Designed to break away from the rigid way in which Mandarin is traditionally taught, our programmes put the emphasis on FUN! We use games and drama as teaching tools to excite our students and to create an energetic and interactive environment to practice Mandarin.
EduGrove Mandarin Enrichment Centre has been recognised as one of Singapore’s leading Small and Medium Enterprises having been awarded SME of the Year 2015, Singapore’s Promising SME 500, Industry Star Award for Tuition and Enrichment Industry, Singapore’s Outstanding Enterprise, Singapore’s Trusted Quality Brand and has been voted Best Enrichment and Learning Schools, Best Mandarin Curriculum and Best Fun Mandarin Curriculum by parents.
EduGrove Mandarin Enrichment Centre