Childcare/Infant Care Teacher
SDM International Pre-School Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 30-Aug-2019
Entry Level, Experienced
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
What you will be doing
- Plan, supervise, and implement the program for the class in accordance with the policies, guidelines, frameworks and philosophy of the centre.
- Address each child’s educational and developmental and keep accurate records of children’s progress through checklists, progress notes, photographs and anecdotal records.
- Provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to work and play in.
- Meet with parents to address any concerns or at parents’ request. Keep Principal informed about student concerns or difficulties.
- Complete progress reports on children for each semester and prepare a developmental portfolio for each child.
- Render basic first aid as and when necessary.
- Being responsible for the arrangement, appearance, decorations, and learning environment of the classroom.
- Attend all teachers meetings and professional development sessions, and participate on committees and activity teams as required. Attendance is mandatory.
- Work cooperatively with other staff/ teachers to ensure optimal benefit for children
- Display a positive attitude, work cooperatively with other staff members and assist new teachers with settling in to SDM PreSchools
- Other adhoc duties might be required as operational needs
What we are looking for!
- Candidate must possess WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education/WSQ Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education/WSQ Advanced Certificate in Early Years/WSQ Higher Certificate in Infant Care
- Creative and inspiring with loving energy
- Excellent communication and classroom management skills
- Be familiar with all working curriculum documents, handbooks and policy manuals.
- Knowledge in educational development / cognitive psychology
- Bilingual in English and/or Chinese (to be able to liaise with Chinese speaking associates)
- Passion and Love for childred is a must
SDM International Pre-School Pte Ltd