Chemistry Laboratory Manager
We are looking for a commercially oriented Laboratory Manager. The role provides leadership for the Lab team and manages all Lab activities to ensure delivery of timely and accurate test results. You will need to be comfortable liaising with clients to ensure their needs are met and will also work with suppliers to ensure adequate consumables are available on time and at the best price.
- Responsible for the lab safety performance and awareness; leads and manages initiatives that drive a culture of safety
- Ensures that high quality standards are maintained at all times in compliance with the company's policies and procedures.
- On a daily basis, responsible for testing, analyzing and validating test methods, and reporting on test results related to food, raw materials, water and other products.
- Provides and sets direction within the lab to ensure that commitments and customer expectations are consistently met in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner
- Develop a deep knowledge of Ugene’s capabilities, processes and expertise to be able to clearly explain the benefits of our testing services to all stakeholders - internal and external
- Effectively inspire and communicate with direct reports and other team members in the lab to better meet customer needs
- Responsible for performance review decisions and execution, and approval of overtime and time cards
- Work with assigned staff to ensure work schedules are balanced and fair
- Maintain an environment of respect within the department covering employee interactions and problem solving while ensuring work rules are known and followed
- Work with teams to resolve technical issues to ensure successful and timely completion of daily work
- Key contributor in terms of establishing priorities and allocating resources to ensure that the lab runs smoothly and efficiently
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a management role within commercial laboratory
- Excellent food testing capabilities
- Strong project management skills and ability to quickly adapt to workflow fluctuations
- Ability to support and coach staff members in order to meet customers’ expectations on tests and reporting
- Ability to understand technical and operational changes and challenges
- Ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively with clients, own team and suppliers in order to build productive and pleasant working relationships
- A strong attention to detail and someone who strives to achieve excellent outcomes
- Proven ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in ensuring compliance to safety rules, code of conduct, and company policies and procedures.
- Able to work 5.5 days per week
Ugene Laboratory Services Pte Ltd