Chemical Information Specialist ( Open to Fresh Graduate)
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD| Date Posted: 28-Dec-2020
Bachelor's / Honours
Staff at incident Management Centre on rotating shifts, providing 24 hours per day, 365 days per year and telephone coverage on chemical emergencies for the Asia- Pacific.
- Co-ordinate with the Asia-Pacific network of Technical Assistance Support Centres and/or Technical Consultants on chemical incidents.
- Consult and liaise with client representatives after receiving the initial telephone call regarding an incident.
- Assist in the maintaining of a database of the current version of each subscribing company’s Chemical Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Provide product and emergency response information from the Material Safety Data Sheets of subscribing companies by telephone facsimile and/or email after receiving a communication reporting an incident.
- Interpret technical data and give advice in accordance with predetermined criteria established by the client and/or the company in English and/or another Asian language.
- Document information received from reported incidents (e.g. Incident location, chemical name, manufacturer name, description of incident, name of person reporting incident, contact number, etc.)
- Diploma in Chemistry /Chemical Process Technology
- Willing to work on 2 rotating shifts ( stationed in our Alert-SGS ERS 24 hrs call centre in Loyang, Changi.)
- At least 1 years of working experience in a Call Centre or customer service environment
- Analytical and computer literate
- Able to coordinate and be a team member towards a common goal
- Able to work independently and to coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Able to interact with all levels of management, affiliates, suppliers and clients
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Acts quickly and decisively; able to make tough calls
- Work well under pressure
- Applies judgement and acts accordingly to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of ISO systems and procedures.
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD