Chef de Partie (Sushi) - Waku Ghin
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 28-Mar-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
As a Chef de Partie, you are required to work closely with the Sous Chef in order to assist with the preparation, cooking and presentation of produce.
- Manage a section with the assistance of Commis Chefs.
- Ensure preparation and cooking of food complies to the restaurant specific standards.
- Handle and implement waste controls.
- Complete the cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
- Understand the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., docket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labelling etc.
- Comply with legal requirements under the Health & Safety Act 1974 and Food Hygiene.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Report maintenance issues to the relevant parties.
- Stock items used in the correct order.
- Prioritise tasks and demonstrate effective time management and coordinating, controlling and managing different resources
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely whilst actively listening to others and giving consideration to their needs and opinions
- Diploma in Culinary Arts / Pastry.
- Minimum 5 years of experiences in a full fletch kitchen with at least 2 years in the similar capacity.
- Experience in Japanese Cuisine and Michelin-Starred restaurant would be an advantage.
- Possess food hygiene and safety certification.
- Able to work on rotating shifts, weekends & public holidays.
- Possess a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the role and carry it out in line with their job description.
- Work effectively with the rest of the team.
- Try to take the bigger picture into consideration and is confident as to when and where to seek guidance and clarity from senior members of the team.