As Chef Concierge, you will be responsible for the overall operations of the Concierge desk and also demonstrates resourcefulness to ensure that the Concierge team operate with highest efficiency and professional demeanor to provide optimum level of service and communication at all times. You are expected to provide clear direction in ensuring all Concierge related requests were perform in accordance to the departmental standards.
The role will require you to lead a team of Assistant Chef Concierge, Concierge supervisors and Concierges in achieving service excellence for Concierge Operations. You will need to ensure that all the tasks being executed timely according to the standard set by the department. This will be measured by set departmental KPI’s.
You are expected to maintain effective communication with other internal departments such as Service Management, Express Services, Guest Relations, Premium Services, Limousine, F&B, Ticketing, Art Science Museum and other heart of the house departments such as Housekeeping, Procurement and Facilities. Moreover, you are required to familiar and establish strong rapport with external services/contacts such as Airlines, Sightseeing Tour companies, Travel agents, Tourism Authorities and Suppliers.
As Chef Concierge, you are expected to be familiar with MBS’s business processes to understand operations environment. Moreover, you will be involved in the recruitment of team members with the collaboration with HR, and also involve in testing and taking the lead of all business application such as OPERA, ALICE Concierge, FCS, Seven Rooms, SISTIC and etc.
As Chef Concierge, you must be prepared to handle stressful and complex issues such as process failures, escalations and complaints. Besides, you are require to solve problem and make decisions as managerial level.
You will be involved in training and mentoring of new and existing team members. Moreover, he or she is able to motivate and encourage TM’s with a visible career path plan. You are require to review and enhance the business processes to ensure that are customer-centric and appropriate for Marina Bay Sand’s environment.
Key Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible to carry out all business operational activities at The Marina Bay Sands (MBS) including customer grievance/complaint handling, legal and safety matters with regard to such operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local tourist attractions, restaurants, shows, bars and night clubs.
- Extensive network in all aspects of entertainment and trendy places and exceptional guest relations interaction.
- Communicate anticipated upcoming events/bookings daily with each Concierge Team Member during the shift.
- Responds to guest comments, requests and complaints in a timely and professional manner. Take personal responsibility to resolve issues where necessary.
- Be conversant with all areas of the Concierge and Guest Services department including supporting Guest Services area during peak time.
- Ensures that the OPERA, Ticketing, Seven Rooms and ALICE Concierge system are being used as intended and conduct audits from time to time. This is to ensure proper data capture.
- Conduct Live and Video audit with Concierges and Supervisors to ensure the standard being adhered to.
- Ensures that all Concierge and Guest Service team members are familiar with the hotel’s product and as well as giving directions concerning the Hotel and/or giving directions to Hotel facilities, meeting rooms, or events held therein.
- Conducts regular departmental meetings and daily briefings and attends schedule inter-departmental meetings and ensures relevant information is disseminated as required.
- Contributes ideas to and cooperates in the execution of strategic plan initiatives in support of the company vision, mission, value and service principles.
- Identify the training needs of the operations team and work with Concierge Supervisors to define training requirements.
- Maintains close liaison with all other Departments so as to have a good understanding of other Departments’ operational flow thus ensuring seamless guest services throughout the Hotel.
- Ensures the quality standards are consistently met or exceeded in accordance with company guidelines and recognized external benchmark and legal requirements.
- Oversees the implementation of the established service training programs.
- Ensures that the appointed Trainer compiles regular reports and the Associate Director of Operations and Executive Director are kept well informed.
- Responsible to understand, follow and implement the company’s operating policies and procedures.
- Conduct internal audits and guide all mentoring team members at least once every month.
- Ensure Team Members uniform and grooming standards maintained.
- Practice safety guidelines as prescribed by Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- Be directly involved in any service enhancement activity or review and in the delivery and measurement of the Net Promoter Score (NPS) including following through of strategic planning to enhance the score index.
- Communicate to Team Members on departmental updates, issues and guest related matters.
- Recommend appointments, promotions and development of all Team Members
- Establish access, conduct and maintain appropriate performance appraisal according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels.
- Deputize for the Associate Director of Guest Services in his/her absence as and when assigned.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by Associate Director or Executive Director of Hotel Operations.
- Degree in Hospitality Management from a recognized institution preferred or related.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position in luxury five stars hotel.
- Les Clefs d’Or Singapore Member is an added advantage.
- Excellent guest relations, communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Skill of basic computer such as Microsoft Words and Excel is essential.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional languages such as Japanese, Putonghua, Korean is an added advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and able to operate and successfully arbitrate in a complex international and diverse environment.
- Pay attention to details and have strong customer service skills.
- Is knowledgeable with tourist-related in Singapore.
- Excellent time management, organization and motivation skills.
- Mature, meticulous, resourceful, confident, organized and able to work independently.
- Have impeccable follow-though; and “Can Do” attitude and mindset.