Channel Distribution Officer (Temp)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 30-Sep-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- This position requires the incumbent to be thoroughly familiar and understand the property management system’s functionalities and setup.
- The incumbent will assist the Officers and Assistant Manager - Inventory & Online Distribution in the setup and updating of all rates and availability in the PMS/CRS as well as third party online travel agent extranets.
- Monitor systems, ensure that all systems are functioning properly (e.g. Reservations are integrated) and upload all rates as well as inventory to the various systems on a daily basis.
- Sets up all offers and package in various systems (and work with various department to have this launched) including distribution of promotion details to all operational departments.
- Content management: keep updated texts and photos on third parties’ portals, GDS etc.
- Analyze performance by distribution channel, market trends and competitor activity and develop recommendations/actions to maximize RevPar by reports.
- Perform system audit in the PMS/CRS and all third party extranets to ensure that the rates and blocks are set up appropriately, following the contracts, agreements or promotions.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities/projects that may be assigned from time to time by the Assistant Manager – Inventory & Online Distribution.
- Diploma in relevant field or higher
- Minimum 1 year working in a hotel call center and/or reservations office.
- Experience with a 4-5 star/diamond property preferred.
- Experience with large property (500 rooms or more) preferred.
- Candidates with PMS/CRS system knowledge using Opera, or Fidelio preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the GDS and OTA extranets preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin to liaise with suppliers from China
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to details and have strong sense of customer service and responsibility.
- A team player and takes initiative to assist other Team Members when required.
- The ability to establish and maintain a friendly, fun and high team-spirited working environment promoting a high-level of customer service to our guests.
- Mature, meticulous, resourceful, organized and able to work independently.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, projects and able to manage change and help others adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Work is carried out predominantly in the Revenue Optimization office in Singapore but is subject to change to meet business/operational needs.
- Must be willing to work any day of the week and on rotational shift when business requires.