Certifying Staff (Avionics)
Singapore Component Solutions | Date Posted: 16-Jul-2018
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Review the launching sheet and insure that all necessary data (Time Since New/TSN, Time Since Overhaul/TSO) have been transmitted by customer.
- Inform the Repair Management of observed variations if applicable.
- Before executing an intervention, insure that the work file is properly constituted, that the documents are updated, that the controlling means and tools are in good condition and in the right calibration period.
- Open an “Non-compliance Report" ANR each time an internal or external anomaly is detected.
- After maintenance, check that achieved work is compliant with the order and/or the accepted quotation.
- Make sure internal and external documents are present and completed.
- Visually examine equipment and execute planed control operations according to the work tasks.
- For all capability list equipment, pronounce component release.).
- For surveillance, EASA, fill out and sign the EASA Form 1.
- Carry out surveys on elements under maintenance in order to control the application of quality procedures.
- Launch an inhouse expertise in the event of return under guarantee and fill-in the defined document
- Report to the quality insurance director all identified “non-compliances" and participate in their management.
- Diploma with at least 3 years of experience in Electronics or Mechanical systems
- Know the different steps in aircraft component repair procedures as well as associated general procedures.
- Know standards of quality and aeronautic regulations (ISO 9001, AQAP 2120, EASA 145, FAR 145…).
- Know the products of the sector (Capability list).
Singapore Component Solutions