Case Manager (2 years contract)
The incumbent will schedule, facilitate and document Advance Care Planning with members of public in accordance with national ACP framework and SATA CommHealth’s operational needs.
- Work closely with Cluster Centre Manager and HQ-Ops in the implementation of ACP-related business development activities to increase revenue for centre
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to Cluster Centre Managers
- Engage in ACP facilitated conversations with patients or community members as needed in line with KPIs set with ACP National Office and HQ-Operations
- Work with Cluster Centre Manager, HQ-Ops and ACP National Office to ensure that all ACP-related policies and standards of procedures are in line and adhered to.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all important documents before despatch.
- Leads and implement ACP trainings and community educational events designed to meet identified needs for community stakeholders, and clients.
- Manages training requirements for ACP facilitators to ensure they have the skills, time, and resources for conversations, which including preparation, follow up, and documentation.
- Ensures ACP infrastructure requirements are in place including education, workflows, documentation, and measurement and reporting.
- Organizes ongoing debriefing sessions to mentor facilitators and review their progress with ACP conversations, identify issues and concerns, and provide emotional support.
- Acts as liaison for ACP training and education at pilot sites and system level.
- Builds ACP education into new employee orientation and annual continuing education as appropriate.
- Collaborate with community groups, professional organizations, consumer advisors and volunteers to raise awareness and promote advance care planning.
- Meet Customer Satisfaction and Net Promote Scores.
- Work closely with Quality Management Office to identify areas of improvement and implement these changes with Cluster Centre Managers.
- Assist Cluster Centre Manager in the investigation and follow up on complaints and feedback.
- Keep up to date with the various service components of Health Screening Packages and all other services rendered at Medical Centres.
- Monitor, measure, and report on program progress.
- Seeks ongoing learning about ACP to keep current with practice standards.
- Any other duties as assigned by Cluster Centre Manager.
- Any other duties as assigned by Management.
- Relevant Diploma or Degree, preferably in Nursing
- Valid ACP Accreditation
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in a healthcare setting, with at least 1 year in a managerial capacity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with prior experience managing clinic management systems
Interested applicants are invited to submit your updated CV.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.