Captain - Waku Ghin
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 6-Feb-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Responsible for handling food and beverage orders and serving guests
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in restaurant.
- Every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- Daily menu specials and out of stock items.
- Imputing of items in the Point of Sale (POS) and handling EDC machine
- Cashiering / Float
- OneMBS standards
- Daily arrival / departure, VIPs
- In-house group activities, locations and times.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- All department policies / service procedures.
- Provide friendly, excellent service to all guests
- Assist fellow Team Members to perform preparation and setting up in the restaurants for food service and ensure utensils are properly stocked and inspected prior to service
- Assist guests on their respective requests, conduct suggestive and up-selling, well-versed in all aspects of the menu
- Complies and ensures Marina Bay Sands (LVS Corp) hygiene policies are strictly adhered to on a daily basis.
- Possess basic knowledge of emergency contact details
- Maintain storage areas with proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness.
- Manage additional tasks assigned by Manager on Duty
- Supervise servers to ensure excellent customer service is provided every time.
- Minimum Secondary school education with ‘O’ Level passes; Diploma in any field is an advantage
- Minimum 1 year in a guest service / guest contact roles, preferably in a hospitality organization
- Possess food hygiene and safety certification
- Able to work on rotating shifts, weekends & public holidays
- Possess a well-groomed, professional appearance