Calibration Technician / Operator
Essential Job Duties
1. Technical / Calibration Services or Repair
- Responsible for the calibration or repair of equipment (Dimensional, Mechanical, Electrical, Temperature, or others) as assigned by following broad instructions, methods, calibration procedures and standards to perform inspection and calibration duties according to timeline and deadlines specified.
- S/he will set up and operate a variety of precision gages and instruments to inspect and calibrate equipment to accurate specifications and metrological standards.
- Ensures all calibration reports or service reports are completed accurately on-line and on the printed reports. Responsible for reviewing the calibration results and ensuring reports are completed (that is ensuring accurate data recorded, calculated uncertainty and the results are correct and traceable) before submission to the Approved Signatory.
- Check internal tools / equipment for performing the calibration / repair and ensure these are up to standards and to escalate when necessary.
- Perform other similar or related duties and discuss recurring difficulties with Senior Engineer/ Technician for resolution.
- Work duties may be performed within laboratory environment or on customers’ site. (Class 3 license may be required)
2. Process improvements / Quality Control
- Actively participates in discussions with manager to improve calibration procedures with the objectives to improve accuracy and work efficiency for the department.
- S/he is expected to participate in Internal Quality Control, Inter-laboratory Comparison and Proficiency testing Programmes.
- Follow all rules pertaining to environmental health and safety.
- Follow good housekeeping practices.
- Adheres to Company’s policy and regulations.
- Proficient using basic computer applications
- With/ without experience (training will be provided)
- Knowledge of engineering or related fields is an advantage Some applicants will need a Class 3 license for on-site jobs
- A pleasant working attitude with a drive to learn Team player with good communication skills
There are many positions available depending on the profile of the candidate. Certain candidates may be offered with senior positions depending on experiece. All to be discussed during interview. Please state your salary expectation in your application.
Ming Deng Metrology Services Pte Ltd