About Us :
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
Role Summary/Purpose :
The job holder reports to Sourcing Manager and ensures that all materials/parts, tooling and supplies – required by Operations/Production are efficiently and effectively purchased locally and from overseas.
Essential Responsibilities :
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Sourcing (includes negotiation, buying processes)
- Processing Purchase Requisition & issue of Purchase Orders
- Maintaining suppliers' data and KPIs.
- Constant review and monitoring of vendor performance to ensure that quality goods and services are delivered on time.
- Diploma or Certificate in Related field or equivalent
- Good communications skills
- Minimum 3 years in Procurement functions in an engineering manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- PC literate / Knowledge of MS office.