Buyer 3.5k + MacPherson
The Buyer is responsible for the management of the procurement process from receiving of purchase requisition from Pharmacy to generating Purchase Order, communicating with suppliers/manufacturers, and monitoring of deliveries from suppliers/manufacturers.
- Source, identify, evaluate and select local drugs suppliers/manufacturers that could supply required drugs at the lowest price consistent with quality and reliable services.
- Regularly review prices of procured drugs with the aim to re-negotiate pricing with the suppliers/manufacturers for a lower price.
- Validate purchase requisition (PR) received from Pharmacist are meeting all requirements.
- Convert PR to purchase order (PO) and communicate timely to suppliers. Ensure that accurate information is received, understood and acted upon by suppliers/manufacturers.
- Monitor and track supplier shipment and work with respective logistic team in goods receipt issue/ discrepancy.
- Keep track of all goods and services ordered and received, and maintain accurate inventory records including details on price, performance, and delivery.
- Provide weekly reports to management on the overall inventory level and demand and supply situation.
- Act as an interface between supplier and AP team to resolve GR/ invoices issues.
- Work closely with Regulatory Affairs team to ensure all procured drugs are properly register with the local health authority.
- Communicate with suppliers/manufacturers on any delayed, inaccurate or damaged shipments/ deliveries as well as returns.
- Continuously review suppliers/manufacturers’ performances and identify high-risk suppliers/manufacturers and ensure there is assurance of back-up supplies/manufacturers.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the management
- Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- At least 3 years working experience as a buyer preferably with a pharmaceutical organization or hospital.
- Must be computer literate and have good bargaining and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be resourceful and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good analytical and organization skills as well as an eye for details.