Buyer (12months Contract) _ Changi
Manpower Singapore| Date Posted: 6-Feb-2021
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Our client is a US Manufacturing MNC and is a renowned leader in materials engineering solutions. They are currently seeking a Buyer to join them on an exciting career journey.
Buyer (12 months Contract)
- Negotiates pricing and other terms of purchase. manage strategic suppliers and suppliers w/ filed activities. Quotes materials; procures materials, components, equipment and services at the lowest cost consistent with consideration of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Expedites and ensures the timely receipt of materials.
- Works with engineering and MPM or SCM to recommend new suppliers. Issues RFQs, analyzes proposals, negotiates prices and delivery, issues and/or adjusts purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Follows-up on orders, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. Negotiates vendor contracts, as appropriate. Follows standard purchasing business processes.
- Coordinates/drives purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels. Leads problem resolution for material related accounting and receiving issues.
- Develops methods of business simplification for the procurement function. Assists or participates with the development of ISO documents for the purchasing function.
Reviews MRP on a regular basis. Executes and cancels pull ins, push outs and planned orders as prioritized. Identifies issues and escalates as necessary to materials management. Reviews and ensures actions per disposition of ECOs on a world wide basis.
Maintains inventory levels per plan and performs E&Z analysis. Minimizes excess and zero demand inventory. Provides input to management regarding action plans to address long term issues.
- Pulls and reads part specifications and engineering drawings. Utilizes knowledge of material types to communicate with engineers and suppliers.
- Provides feedback to engineering for cost reduction efforts.
- Bachelor in Business, or related.
- 3-4 years of experience in sourcing, managing suppliers or related role. logistics experience desirable.
- Proficient with MS OFFICE & SAP system
Contract for 12months (subject to renewal basis)
Salary: up to S$5000
Location: Changi Area
Interested applicants, please email resume in MS Word doc format to; [Click Here to Email Your Resume] (R1110894)
Yen Leng Yap EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1110894