Buyer (1 year Contract)
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD| Date Posted: 25-Mar-2020
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Plan, buy, and order goods, services and other expenditures for the Operating Company. (e.g. Machinery, Equipment, Tools, parts, supplies and services) in line with the procurement policy and contracts.
- Ensure availability of the specified goods and services according to the functional, budget, and planning requirements of the internal customer/budget owner.
- PLAN/BUDGET: Support the Sourcing and Procurement Manager in performing spend analyses, contract analyses, categories review and proposes actions and initiatives to include in the annual Terminal Procurement Plan (TPP) and budget process.
- P2P: Effectively execute and coordinate the relevant Sourcing and Procurement steps in the P2P process (Request, Approve, Order, Expedite and Receive) in order to get the right service/product at the right place at the right time. Effectively use the supporting ERP system.
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: Ensure that supplier contracts are managed in line with the specification of the Procurement Policies and Principles (Compliance)
- PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT: Understand and periodically measure and analyse processes and their performance/ results by measuring global and local KPI's (e.g. P2P, savings, contractor safety, etc). Provide recommendations to improve the performance.
- PROCESS MANAGEMENT & IMPROVEMENT: Support in the continuous improvement by understanding and analysing processes, identifying and implementing process improvement actions.
- Other function includes but not limited to Tendering and Supplier Management.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Engineering (Others), Law, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Quantity Survey or equivalent.
- At least 5 year(s) of hands-on in procurement with buying, preferably in the process industry.
- Strong commercial awareness and experience of Contract Law.
- Proven experience in contract negotiation and vendor management.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, collaboration and partnering skills.
- A quick learner, a good team player as well as possess the aptitude to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office application
- Full-Time position(s) available.
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD