Business Development Manage
Sell full range of engineering services and capabilities with an emphasis on Automation, tooling/fixtures, and Product Development to new and existing clients within the Asia Pacific Region. This role is based in Singapore and will service the local market, in addition to the broader geographic area. Initiate, manage and expand long-term client relationships.
Duties include sales calls, communicating company processes and services available, and providing feedback from the customer base to the company. Must be able to work with key stakeholders, engineering managers, program managers and cross functional teams to qualify new opportunities, develop a scope of work and demonstrate/communicate the value of the SIGMADESIGN’s services and capabilities. www.sigmadzn.com
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities:
- Work with various resources and company partners as appropriate to ensure quality handoffs for delivery of projects.
- Manage client expectations to help assure successful project delivery.
- Work as a team player to ensure that proper pricing and delivery targets are set for proposed projects. Identify opportunities and generate sales in assigned accounts/portfolio through direct sales, networking, and marketing events. Identify, develop, and retain accounts.
- Demonstrate strategic selling approach to identify, target and penetrate companies with needs appropriate to SIGMADESIGN’s engineering services and capabilities. Consistently link SIGMADESIGN’s capabilities with client’s business issues and strategic objectives.
- Consistently engage in prospecting activities and manage an active pipeline.
- Qualify all accounts and ensure accurate information database.
- Identify all key prospective/client stakeholders and decision-makers with client senior line management.
- Develop winning proposals and deliver presentations with other resources as appropriate.
- Coordinate business development strategy with Director of Asian Operations to maximize opportunities in assigned geographical area.
Education and Experience: (Knowledge, skills, & abilities)
- 5 - 7 years of sales success in a complex business environment with emphasis on selling of professional services to leading corporations is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required.
- Automation and Product Development experience.
- Experience with new business development and maintaining relationships.
- Established relationships within the local/regional product development and engineering community a plus.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills; strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering business/economic environment; forecasting skills; strong customer-centered selling skills.
- Ability to present and defend point of view constructively and persuasively.
- Independent; self-driven; well-organized; models customer focus.
- Works well under pressure. Demonstrates sound judgment, common sense and insight.
- Insatiable curiosity and drive to succeed. Perseverant and upbeat. Understands how to work with senior level management. Solutions oriented.
- Travel will be required for this role, mostly within the Asia Pacific Region
- Bilingual in English and Chinese, for effective communication with our clientele
- Salary depends on experience
- Quarterly bonus
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave
Sigma Design & Engineering Pte Ltd