Big Data Engineer
Experis Singapore| Date Posted: 30-Jul-2020
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
You will be responsible for building the business' data collection systems and processing highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by the business users. You will also be building data processing frameworks that handle the business's growing database and will work with the business users in leveraging data with reporting and scientific tools. In addition, you will strive to continuously develop new and improved data engineering capabilities.
- Implement strategies directed at acquiring data and promoting the development of new insights across the business. You will own and extend the business's data pipeline through the collection, storage, processing, and transformation of large data-sets.
- Monitor the existing metrics, analyze data, and work with business users to identify and implement system and process improvements.
- Develop queries for ad hoc business projects, as well as ongoing reporting. In this capacity, you will build a metadata system where all available data is maintained and catalogued. You will also play a major role in the development of reliable data pipelines that translate raw data into powerful features and signals.
- Designs, architects, implements, and supports key datasets that avail structured and timely access to actionable business insights. You will also be responsible with developing ETL processes that convert data into formats through dashboard charts.
- Work closely with the business users in gathering requirements for data governance across the department and the business at large.
- Apply best practices as well as defining the business's data requirements, which will ensure that the collected data is of a high quality and optimal for use across the departments and business at large.
- Analyze and understand data sources, participating in design, and providing insights and guidance on database technology and data modelling best practices.
- Develop and manage scalable data processing platforms that will be used for exploratory data analysis and real-time analytics. You will oversee, design, and develop algorithms for real-time data processing within the business and to create the frameworks that enable quick and efficient data acquisition.
- Retrieve and analyze data using SQL, Excel among other data management systems. You will also build data loading services for importing data from numerous disparate data sources, inclusive of APIs, logs, relational, and non-relational databases.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the business's data platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field.
- At least 5 years of working experience working in a data engineering department, preferably as a Data Engineer in a fast-paced environment and complex business setting.
- Demonstrate experience in building and maintaining reliable and scalable ETL on big data platforms as well as experience working with varied forms of data infrastructure inclusive of relational databases such as SQL, Hadoop, Spark and column-oriented databases such as Redshift, MySQL, and Vertica.
- Experience in data warehousing inclusive of dimensional modelling concepts and demonstrate proficiency in scripting languages, for example, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience in working in SQL server reporting services, analysis services, Tableau, Salesforce, integration services, or any other data visualization tools.
- Ability to perform complex data analyses with large data volumes.
- Proficient in SQL, Java, and have a keen understanding of data models and data warehouse concepts.
- Experience working with big data infrastructure tools such as Python, SQS, Redshift, Scala, Spark, Spark Streaming, AWS and/or EMR.
Interested candidate, please submit your updated resume in MS WORD format to: [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Name: Yong Whei Jie
Registration Number: R1110096
EA Licence Number: 02C3423
Octavius, Whei Jie Yong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1110096