Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 30-Oct-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Prior to opening, to establish standards and ensure that training results in a group of team members that are certified in all key aspects of their job-related duties, to ensure a high-quality service.
- Direct the operations of the Club and the restaurants, and all other beverage service areas according to established standards, provide excellent guest service maximize satisfaction. Ensure that the operation complies with current operating criteria.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, wine, beers, and non-alcoholic selections available in the lounge and bars.
- Develop interesting and balanced beverage menus and selections on a timely basis that are appropriate and responsive to the market.
- Taste wine or drinks regularly and express informed and constructive suggestions regarding beverage preparation and presentation.
- Develop promotional activities which generate increased revenue and stimulate increased activity.
- Control beverage costs, operating expenses, inventory levels, payroll, etc. effectively.
- Ensure that all beverage operations support to the club marketing efforts by providing outstanding service to VIP guests in individual outlets and during special events.
- Monitor direct report performance standards and hold managers accountable for performance.
- Develop financial and business operating plans and capital expenditures plans that are consistent with the overall strategic positioning of the property.
- Ensure enforcement of high standards of hygiene and sanitation throughout the bar areas.
- Maintain close liaison with all the departments to have a good understanding of other Departments’ operational flows.
- Recommend appointment, promotion and development of all team members.
- Support the objectives of the Director of Beverage through diligent and proactive management of the outlet.
- Work with team members in service and beverage preparation to minimize wastage and increase productivity and efficiency. Review operating results with the team and identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Ensure all cashiering procedures are processed in compliance with accounting standards.
- Monitor and minimize wastage of consumables and maintain labour productivity ratios
- Maintain prescribed profit margins
- On a regular basis, inspect beverage outlets; check for cleanliness, neatness of the bar environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff or captains to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest comments, requests and complaints in a timely and professional manner. Take personal responsibility to resolve issues.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating reviews, discipline, Team Member awards, flex days, payroll, SRFs, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating training of all staff as needed.
- Coordinates inventories and orders food and beverage products, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Holds daily pre-shift meetings and departmental meetings as needed.
- Certificate or Diploma in Restaurant/Bar Management or extensive F&B experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at a managerial level in a 5-star hotel or a deluxe restaurant.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in beverage and, their preparation and service.
- Be willing to work any day and any shift.
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Able to perform under pressure.