Bell Services Agent
At Holiday Inn ® Hotels and Resorts, our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That’s where you come in.
When you are part of the Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At Holiday Inn we look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
Join us as a Bell Services Agent in Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Because of this vital role, we are looking for someone who can
- Assist with heavy packages, coats, suitcases, etc.
- Be alert to give assistance courteously and quickly to guests, without having to be asked
- Prepares newspaper orders and co-ordinates with news vendors for early delivery
- Upon arrival of newspaper, prepare them and deliver them to guest rooms as assigned by the Bell Captain
- Maintains a willingness to please attitude and give undivided attention to any approaching guests
- Adheres to guest checking in and checking out procedures pertaining to baggage handling
- Welcome guests at the main entrance and take particular note of repeated guests and Priority Club Members
- Assists arriving and departing guests by opening and closing of car and taxi doors
- Maintains a spotless Porte Cochere and Drive way
- Guides guests to the Front Desk and wait behind the guest during the check-in. Keep eyes on the Front Desk Clerk who provides the signal for you to step forward and receive the room and rooming booklet. Without delay, escort the guests accordingly.
- Be familiar with the layout of the hotel and memorizes the preferred route for escorting guests
- Provides information to guests about the hotel facilities and services
- Provides guest services and guidance
- Learns and utilizes names of guests, especially repeated and long staying guests and routinely greet guests as they pass through the lobby
- Keeps the lobby clean and tidy, informing the Concierge or Bell Captain if it needs major cleaning
- Arranges transport and coordinate luggage
- Be familiar with the lift workings and emergency stairs
- Keeps the baggage room clean and in order before going off duty on each shift
- Operates communication devices
- Manages the key system securely
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiates action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Logs security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Duty Meals
- Uniforms/ Laundry Services
- Midnight Transportation
- Birthday Off
- Marriage Leave
- Complimentary passes to Singapore Zoo and Wild Wild Wet
- Employee sports & recreational activities
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Career Development Programmes
- Healthcare benefits such as Medical, Dental and Optical
- Insurance Coverages
- Up to 50% F&B discount at IHG Hotels selected restaurants
- Special employee hotel accommodation rates at all IHG Hotels worldwide
- International Mobility Opportunities
- Achieved “Best Companies to Work for in 2016 Singapore" awarded by The Great Place to Work
In addition, you should have the following qualifications and skills that we are looking for:-
- Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Hotel Administration, Hotel Management or equivalent, with 1 year experience in Guest Services or Customer Services or related discipline or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- A passion for the service and hospitality industry
- Adaptable, determined and someone who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Proactive, highly motivated and has excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- A people-oriented individual with strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates ability to interact with the customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company
- Possesses problem solving, motivating, organizational and training abilities
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What's more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts brand belongs to the IHG ® family of brands, you'll also benefit from all the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4,800 hotels in over 100 countries over the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG ® and we'll make sure you'l have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com or email your detailed resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium