Beach Patrol Officer (Lifeguard) - Part-Time
Sentosa Development Corporation| Date Posted: 1-Nov-2019
Entry Level, Experienced
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma
- Maintains constant surveillance of guest in the waters; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of guest in the event of emergency
- Patrols public beach area to monitor activities of swimmers and intervene on safety issues and illegal conduct:
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service
- Observes activities in assigned area on foot, in buggy or from tower with binoculars to detect hazardous conditions, such as swimmers in distress, disturbances, or safety infractions.
- Cautions people against use of unsafe beach areas or illegal conduct, such as drinking or fighting
- Rescues distressed persons from the beach, using rescue techniques and equipment
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Occasionally operates switchboard or two-way radio system to maintain contact and coordinate activities.
- Minimum a Bronze Medallion by Singapore Life Saving Society
- Must be Physically Fit
- Be able to communicate fluently in English
- Knowledge of First Aid, Automated External Defibrillation (AED) would be an advantage
- Able to work on weekends and Public Holidays on rotating shifts
- Team player with positive work attitude
- Guest-oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills would be an advantage
Interested applicants are invited to send your updated resume in MS Word format via Apply Now. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Sentosa Development Corporation