Basketball Coach (dover ) (full-time)
UWC South East Asia is a member of the UWC movement and a K-12 international school in Singapore. The school provides a challenging, holistic education to more than 5,500 students based across two campuses. Founded in 1971, UWCSEA is a not-for-profit school and is widely regarded as one of the leading international schools in the world. UWCSEA is now seeking an exceptional individual to join us as:
BASKETBALL COACH (DOVER)(FULL-TIME)
UWCSEA is searching for a highly qualified, energetic and experienced basketball coach to join our successful program. The successful candidate will be responsible for coaching College and Phoenix Basketball Club Teams and Player Development Programmes. This would be an ideal position for a coach with a strong basketball background who is committed to joining a fast growing basketball team that is aiming to establish itself as the premier School and Club programme in South East Asia.
- Coaches and advises student athletes for competitive, holiday and developmental basketball programs
- Assists in planning and implementing of all aspects of the directed sports program, including team organization and composition, player selection and evaluation, practice planning and supervision, and competition planning
- Supports the head basketball coach in the development and management of the basketball program
- Attends and coaches, Local School, Community Basketball and International Tournaments
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least 3 years’ of basketball coaching experience
- National body coaching qualification - England Basketball Level 2 or NCAP Level 2 Certified First Aider (Standard First Aid Certification preferred)
- FIBA Level 1 Licence - ideal but not essential
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills
- Experience with Google Suites ideal but not essential
- Able to work cohesively in a team-based environment as well as independently and passionate about working with children from K1 to Y12
- The functions of the position usually performed standing, but may require some amount of time sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Tasks involving working on a computer keyboard, computer software applications, involve extensive wrist and hand movement. This position requires traveling. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury to themselves or others.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal by 02 October 2018, 12 midnight (SGT).
United World College of South East Asia