Bartender - General (2019)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 28-Jan-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All menu items available in the bar
- All liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections available in the bar.
- Every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Daily menu specials and out of stock items.
- Bar layout, table set-ups, hours of operation
- Imputing of items in the Info Genesis system.
- Daily arrival / departure, VIPs
- Be aware of in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- All department policies / service procedures.
- Attend line-ups with other staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Check own grooming and attire standard.
- Meet with Captains, or Manager to review daily specials and out of stock items. Ensure that other members of the staff are aware of such changes.
- Communicate closely with Captains and Service Attendants to ensure quality service is achieved.
- Assist other bartenders and service attendants whenever possible
- Perform work and side duties in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintain storage areas with proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness. Rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies as requested by superiors.
- Replenish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Upsell to guests whenever possible
- Transport linens to bar whenever required
- Prepare special items for events in accordance with superior’s requests
- Attend meal breaks as assigned
- Prepare workstations & pantries, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Ensure that all materials, equipment are in complete readiness for service in accordance to business needs;
- Ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards
- Participate and contribute in all designated meetings and training sessions
- Daily check and cleaning of work areas ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Report any defects to Manager on Duty
- Anticipate, acknowledge and respond promptly to guests requests at all times
- Be familiar with all operation services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Report guest opportunities to Superiors following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction. Advise of the problem and if unable to solve the problem, ask for superior’s assistance.
- Be aware of guest reactions and communicate with superior and other service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain cleanliness and working conditions of departmental equipment, supplies, and work areas.
- Answer outlet telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Ensure all assigned closing duties are completed before signing out.
- Take part in formal training programs
- Provide feedback of any problems to the Superior.
- Work to be part of a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Report to Manager on Duty work orders for maintenance and repairs to be submitted to Manager.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up actions with Manager on Duty.
- Successful completion of the training/certification processes
- Collect & Analyze Guest Preferences and Comment Cards
- Completion of high school “O” Level
- Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism is an advantage.
- Minimum 12 months in bartending experience
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Proficient in written and verbal English