Bartender cum F&B Service Agent
Six Senses| Date Posted: 22-Jul-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels
- Be familiar with preparation, ingredients and presentation of all drinks offered in menus.
- Pour wine and beer in appropriate glassware.
- Ensure the prompt and efficient service of all beverages set by the hotels required standards.
- Have knowledge of guests likes and dislikes pertaining to drinks throughout their stay.
- Ensure all mis-en-place for cocktails and drinks are correctly prepared prior to service in all beverage outlets.
- Ensure guest / room charges at points of sales are being managed.
- Ensure that you are aware and informed of all products the hotels bars use for service including the bar machinery.
- Have a good knowledge of the wine list.
- Recommend and promote bar Specialty Cocktails, classic cocktails, spirits and wines.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure guest satisfaction. E.g. deliveries of in room dining
- Be familiar with food menus and wine menu offered in outlets.
- Take order from any food & beverage outlet menus.
- Ensure all mis-en-place for restaurant service is correctly prepared prior to opening hour of service.
- Recommend and promote items as directed by the Asst. Restaurant Manager.
- High school education and completion of his or her chosen academics.
- Previous experience within a bar (independent, hotel or resort) operation. Hospitality experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of restaurant and bar procedures, set up and service in addition to the hotels’s policies.
- Additional courses relating to further knowledge of wine, cocktails etc. are also preferred.
- Very good command over written and spoken English.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to multitask.
- Cocktail-making, beverage service and garnishing.
- Heavy lifting of materials up to 20lbs may be required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.