Bar Manager - Bread Street Kitchen
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 8-May-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, wine, beers, and non-alcoholic selections available in the lounge and bars.
- Develop interesting and balanced beverage menus and selections on a timely basis that are appropriate and responsive to the market.
- Taste wine or drinks regularly and express informed and constructive suggestions regarding beverage preparation and presentation.
- Develop promotional activities which generate increased revenue and stimulate increased activity.
- Control beverage costs, operating expenses, inventory levels, payroll, etc. effectively.
- Ensure that all beverage operations support to the club marketing efforts by providing outstanding service to VIP guests in individual outlets and during special events.
- Monitor direct report performance standards and hold managers accountable for performance.
- Develop financial and business operating plans and capital expenditures plans that are consistent with the overall strategic positioning of the property.
- Ensure enforcement of high standards of hygiene and sanitation throughout the bar areas.
- Maintain close liaison with all the departments to have a good understanding of other Departments’ operational flows.
- Recommend appointment, promotion and development of all team members.
- Support the objectives of the Director of Beverage through diligent and proactive management of the outlet.
- Work with team members in service and beverage preparation to minimize wastage and increase productivity and efficiency. Review operating results with the team and identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Monitor and minimize wastage of consumables and maintain labor productivity ratios
- Maintain prescribed profit margins
- On a regular basis, inspect beverage outlets; check for cleanliness, neatness of the bar environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff or captains to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest comments, requests and complaints in a timely and professional manner. Take personal responsibility to resolve issues.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating reviews, discipline, Team Member awards, flex days, payroll, SRFs, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating training of all staff as needed.
- Coordinates inventories and orders food and beverage products, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Able to uplift beverage revenue and cocktail revenue.
- Responsible for development of menu, and revamping menu after every 3 month.
- Holds daily pre-shift meetings and departmental meetings as needed.
- Certificate or Diploma in Restaurant/Bar Management or extensive F&B experience.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience at a managerial level in a 5-star hotel or a deluxe restaurant towards bar program, beverage program development, mixologist & cocktail development.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in beverage and, their preparation and service.
- Be willing to work any day and any shift.
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Able to perform under pressure.