Backend Software Engineer - Storefront Services
Our client is a large US-based Technology firm looking for a talented software engineer to join their E-Commerce Team.
The team’s primary mission is to build value into the overall ecommerce platform with a focus on enhancing their storefront with new features through well designed and documented APIs. Areas of feature development include Order Management, Cart/Checkout, User Management, Rewards/Loyalty and Content Management. The team is also responsible for creating and maintaining various integrations with internal and external systems. The client expects software engineers to provide support services and assist in ensuring that all services are built to be performant, reliable, scalable and reusable.
The client values a Software Engineer who can think critically and learn quickly. The client often leverages open-source tools that may be written in any language, and, at the direction of your manager, you should feel comfortable diving into the source code to fix bugs or understand the software when there’s a gap in documentation.
- Provide critical support to not just the technology team but to the company as an excellent problem solver
- Assist in the design and implementation of solutions to provide value to our customers as quickly, reliably, and correctly as possible
- Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of our existing systems
- Assist in refactoring the existing monolithic codebase into smaller microservices where it makes sense
- Write clear documentation and automated tests to ensure code reliability and ease of maintenance
- Review your peers’ code to teach and learn while improving software quality
- Provide support services and collaborate with the Product team to execute against the Product Roadmap
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrable results and products from 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience writing production code in NodeJS
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills – it will be necessary for you to communicate your work to the rest of the engineering team through many mediums including documentation, presentations, and small workshops
- Strong Database skills (e.g. NoSQL, Postgres, Redshift)
- Ability to work alone or in small teams
- Experience developing features in eCommerce systems
- Experience using REST API systems
- Experience using and debugging DevOps/Networking/Infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes, Jenkins)
- Attractive benefits (e.g. corporate insurance, healthcare, dental)
- Flexible working hours
Glints Intern Pte Ltd