Backend Manufacturing Central Team Yield Engineer
Req. ID: 113859
The position is part of Yield Engineering (YE) group in Micron’s Manufacturing Central Team - Backend (MCT-BE), responsible for manufacturing yield improvement program in the network to facilitate each site to meet business plans. This will be done in collaboration with BE HVM sites and other engineering groups (Front-End, PE, TPCE, APTD) to ramp up the yields, leverage on yield learnings, and understand gaps and challenges to achieve the target yield performance. You are also responsible to ensure the new data/methods/lesson learnt are documented as next package technology BKM.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
STRATEGIC YIELD LEADERSHIP
- Work with BE Mfg, as well as FAB and other business partners like Test/Probe Central Engineering (TPCE), Product Engineering (PE) and Technology Devt (APTD), to drive for best-in-class (BIC) Probe-to-Ship yield (PTS)
- Provide requirements and conduct user-testing and validations to develop strategic yield tools, systems, methodologies and capabilities. Ensure such tools and capabilities meet business expectations to enable achievement of yield targets.
- Coordinate alignment with BE site, MCT Process Integration teams (PIE) and other business partners (PE, TPCE, etc) to close gaps in critical yield deviations from forecast.
- Support MCT-BE PIE & MFG sites by providing yield data & facilitate data analysis to install correct SWRs, countermeasures on yield deviations or institute strategy for continuous yield improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain the PTS Yield forecast for all products. Work jointly with MFG sites & PE on adjustments of Assembly and Test Yield forecasts. Ensure such forecasting is well understood by MFG sites, PE, Supply chain, Finance and other key business partners.
TACTICAL YIELD ENCHANCEMENT
- Develop, track & report metrics regarding Backend yield performance. In collaboration with HVM sites and engineering partners, understand and explain deviation from target and ensure plans are in place to drive key factory metrics to industry-leading performance.
- Generate work reviews on key deliverables and assigned programs, projects and critical activities to ensure achievement of committed performance
- Execute on critical deliverables and escalated performance items and ensure timely and transparent communication with leadership or business partners if performance issues will risk commitments or business objectives
- Execute, maintain, and continuously improve operations project management and business process in alignment and in accordance with QMS standards
- Coordinate escalation issues between MFG sites as required to drive operations objectives
- Provide regular and structured communications including progress toward meeting operations goals and/or completion of priority projects.
- Develop external relationships to achieve new ideas and procedures to keep pace with industry standards and methods.
- Manage communication on critical projects and activities through change management methodology. Ensure leadership has timely awareness of status, risk/issues resolution plans and where help is needed. Updates should show progress against timelines and metrics to add to vision and direction.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity - Show respect for different cultures and languages; learn to pronounce names correctly; speak English slowly and clearly when interacting with non-native English speakers; invite feedback to ensure others understand.
- Be involve in process safety management systems development and sustainment like Micron’s “Good Catch” program. Actively participate in safety initiatives to achieve zero major event occurrences across the Micron manufacturing network.
- Take a proactive approach to safety, and utilize corporate and site safety resources for escalation issues as appropriate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Good technical knowledge in NAND/DRAM product and semiconductor manufacturing process. Probe &/or parametric testing knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrated track record in yield improvement activities either in Frontend or Backend manufacturing, data interpretation skills and proficiency in statistical analysis/method like JMP/Yield3 analytic tools
- With good oral and written English communication skill
- Proficiency critical computer applications like Excel, Word, Power Point & statistical tools
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-LY1 ||
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Science, Manufacturing, Engineering
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.