Back up and Storage Engineer ( EMC) , Salary up to $6,500
Recruit Express Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 19-Apr-2021
EA Licence No: 99C4599|EA Personal Registration No: R1104585
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Perform daily monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of backup jobs on platforms (MS Active Directory, Exchange, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, VMware, and UNIX servers).
- Manage and support Storage systems, including vulnerability remediation, capacity management, configuration management, provisioning and zoning of new servers using SAN switches.
- Analyse backup software performance accordingly to meet client needs and monitoring of scheduled backups to ensure success or take remedial action for failures
- Provide backup system data statistics to management.
- Perform regular DR (Disaster Recovery) test plan of backup data restoration and storage replication availability.
- Monitor usage and performance of storage and perform capacity planning for storage growth to management.
- Manage storage and backup changes through change request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties.
- Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
- Ensure service levels meet requirements. Propose and implement action plan when required.
- Expected to work during off-peak hours on system activities (e.g. patching, upgrade)
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Be able to effectively operate within set guidelines, policies and procedures, and able to execute instructions with minimal supervision
- 24x7 Operations Support
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Information system or related field
- Preferred knowledge in EMC Networker / EMC Data Domain / VEEAM
- Proficient in storage and backup
- 3 - 5 years relevant working experience (Preferably in Business Continuity Planning / Disaster Recovery)
- Working knowledge in Veritas Netbackup / EMC ISILON / EMC VMAX / EMC POWERMAX would be good but not a must.
- Understanding of orchestration and automation methodologies pertaining to the specific needs of service provider environments.
Interested applicants, please Email [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Jane Ng Wei Ling
Recruit Express Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 99C4599
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recruit Express Pte Ltd