Back End Data Automation and Systems Manager
Req. ID: 119781
As a Manufacturing Central Team (MCT) Data and Systems Manager at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for and overseeing the development and maintenance of yield data systems, solutions, reporting and/or data mining tools to empower our organization to make data-driven decision. You will be working across our global manufacturing sites, collaborating with Data Scientists, Engineers, Technicians or Data Mining team members to discover new opportunities, design/implement systems to extract yield performance and manufacturing data from Micron’s database, transforming it into a format that enables ease of yield performance analysis to enable continuous improvement initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASK
Organizational Leadership, Development and Communication
- Manages, Develops, and Provides Feedback on Employee Performance to Drive Continuous Improvement
- Ensures that Milestones and Goals Are Achieved
- Establishes Plans, Manages Projects, and Ensures that Operational Directives Are Executed
- Promote worldwide synergy at all appropriate opportunities. Look for efficiency gains and improved benchmark performance through joint problem solving, leveraging and improving the BKM, worldwide project management and system creation.
- Maintain a strong and open relationship with peer group and managers in other functional areas within MCT and outside in areas such as Fab, IS, TD, Manufacturing network, Product Engineering, TPCE. Communicate and respond to issues in a timely manner.
- Conduct meetings and facilitate/drive when needed to complete projects, improve business processes and fix tactical problems. Send effective action item lists, updates or results of the meetings.
- Demonstrate ability to give effective presentations to both small and large groups on project updates and new initiative proposals. Communicate issues which impact Manufacturing in a timely manner and help drive to fix the issue where necessary.
- Periodically follow up with manager to ensure all type of goals are met and get assistance to remove obstacles. Use all available resources to manage the successful completion of goals, including resources outside of the area.
- Be prepared to give feedback and discuss action items during regular one-on-one meetings with your supervisor.
- Conduct benchmarking and develop external relationships to achieve new ideas and procedures to keep pace with Industry standards and method.
Build Next Generation Yield Data System
- Work with cross functional teams to define and drive yield data infrastructure roadmap and architecture
- Design, architect, and develop a scalable and supportable data pipeline which includes data warehousing, data integration and ETL processing
- Document artifacts related to software development, design, test cases, user training, release.
- Collaborate with IT architectures/teams to design and prioritize infrastructure delivery with processes, deliverables aligned to roadmap
- Enable end-users direct access to native and/or transformed data
Enforce Operational Data Quality
- Establish software development best practices and tools to support data integrity, cleanup, and validation across all relevant data sources
- Enable continuous data quality improvements to minimize support requirements
- Implement central logging and monitoring systems with logic for usage reports and audits
- Collaborate with IT to ensure effective incident, problem and change management processes
Design and Develop Data Analytics and Visualization Solution
- Develop expertise in data mining and analytic methods
- Solve complex optimization problems using linear and nonlinear optimization techniques
- Develop and generalize data science solutions in a production data pipeline using statistical and machine learning techniques
- Determine statistical validity and significance (pick out signals from noise)
- Apply statistical methods to detect anomalies, trends and shifts
- Automate business reporting needs and organize into user friendly dashboards on multiple platforms (desktop/web/mobile)
- Facilitate interactive design sessions with customers
- Use experimentation methods and design tests to optimize key user experiences
Ensure a Safe, Compliant, and Ethical Work Environment
- Comply with company safety, labor, and ethics policies
- Oversee execution of mandatory training for direct reports (if applicable)
- Encourage a culture of safety and recognize contributions made to supporting a safe work environment
- Participate in process improvement activities
- Identify errors before they get to the next step
- Provide timely feedback when quality, safety, or ethical issues arise
- Follow and support company-wide and department safety procedures to maintain a clean, safe, and accident-free work environment
- Promote high integrity processes that will enable immediate sharing of problems, issues and solutions with management team
Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field of study
2+ years’ experience in any of the following and has proven track record of people and work management skills
- Proficient with one or more high-level client, object-oriented language (e.g., C#, C++, JAVA, Python, Perl, etc.).
- Significant experience with big data processing and/or developing applications and data sources via Hadoop, Yarn, Hive, Pig, Squoop, MapReduce, HBASE, Flume, etc.
- Ability to work with multiple operating systems (e.g., MS Office, Unix, Linux, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft and other tools (Tableau, HTML, MDX, Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, SharePoint)
- Understanding of how distributed systems work
- Familiarity with software architecture (data structures, data schemas, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of databases (Oracle, MSSQL, etc.) including SQL and NoSQL
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral, written, and technical communication skills and a solid command of the English language
- Experience in group presentation and public speaking
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude that anything is possible
- Self-motivated and team oriented
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-LY1 ||
Job Segment: Database, Engineer, Oracle, Developer, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Management
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.