AVP / VP, Data Scientist, Data Management Office
The Data Management Office (DMO) is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management, Big Data Analytics and Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Big Data Analytics Group (BDAG) leads the transformational build, use, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities across the organization. This exciting role will play a pivotal part as an Analytics Centre of Excellence that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed. You will work either individually or in project teams as a subject matter expert to deliver new Big Data and Machine Learning solutions for our business partners.
- Design analytical solutions/experiments to solve various strategic business problems through engagement and research.
- Building and deploying Machine Learning Algorithms, Advanced Analytics, and Data Visualization across the UOB group and region.
- Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program in developing and transforming the Analytics Capabilities across the group.
- Partnering with assigned teams and/or business units to provide deep expertise and advisory on advanced data analytics needs.
- Strong knowledge of data and analytics architecture to ensure analytics objectives are aligned to business priorities on the Data Analytics Transformation Program.
- Drive Innovation initiatives under CDO guidance and directives.
- Min Bachelor/Postgraduate in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering , Computer Science or a related field.
- Min 5 years advanced analytics working experience in banking / financial services / consulting industry. Possess a strong selection of skills and experience with analytical frameworks and languages such as SQL, R, SPARK, Python, Hive and other Hadoop-based languages.
- Possess a strong ability to query and use large, robust data sets across traditional Data Warehouse and Hadoop platforms.
- An analytical mind and team player with demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships by applying quantitative techniques to solve business problems.
- A strong communicator, with clear articulation of analytical findings through presentations.
- Experience with data visualization packages and/or tools will be a plus.
- Innovative and Agile thinking – experience with Test and Learn Frameworks desirable.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)