AVP/MGR, Investment Analyst/Manager (Private Equity Funds), UOB Alternative Investment Management
Functional area: UOB Alternative Investment Management
Employment type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
UOBAIM is a growing alternative investment management firm with an Asian investment focus servicing a wide-range of global clients both institutional and individual.
As part of our business expansion, we are looking to hire an Investment Analyst/Manager.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Sourcing and executing new fund investments (primary and secondary) - This involves conducting in-depth analysis of funds and fund management teams as well as analysis of the underlying companies.
- Country and Industry Opportunity Analysis to identify and validate new investment opportunities
- Portfolio monitoring – This will involve monitoring of existing client private equity fund-of-funds portfolios. This include preparing of quarterly portfolio review reports, managing day-to-day relationship with underlying fund GPs, responding to client’s information requests, managing capital drawdowns and distributions, initiating and evaluating exit options including secondary sales and other administrative matters.
- Support fund raising efforts - Development of marketing materials, pipeline development and opportunities landscaping.
- Execute co-investments
- A degree/MBA in business/finance or equivalent from a reputable tertiary institution
- Possess 3 – 5 years (more than 5 year for a manager position) of relevant investment or research experience
- Working knowledge of private equity investment
- Experience in co-investments and direct investment will also be an advantage
- Individuals with consulting background will also be considered. For a manager position, working knowledge of portfolio construction and portfolio management is necessary
- Strong work ethic and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to attend to detail while maintaining the big picture
- Speak and read Chinese to handle mandarin speaking market
- Strong expertise with Powerpoint, Word and Excel
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)