AVP, Enterprise Data Governance & Quality, Data Management Office
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group.
Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators.
Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science.Job Responsibilities
The role, as part of the Enterprise Data Governance & Quality (EDGQ) function, supports the vision, strategy and objectives set for data governance and data quality across the Group, in line with the Bank`s business strategy and objectives. The role involves working closely with business and support units in raising awareness as well as driving the adoption of data governance and quality best practices. Your main responsibilities are to:
• Actively support the UOB Group-wide Data Governance strategy and drive the adoption of the data governance framework and policy, incorporating best practices and industry standards across different jurisdictions where the Bank operates. The framework should ensure that the data assets across the Bank are clearly defined, owned, stewarded, distributed and consumed in accordance with the Bank’s data governance policy, principles and standards
• Develop and maintain the data governance framework, policies, processes and best practices to ensure that they are relevant and consistent in line with the Bank’s strategies and objectives
• Develop data quality best practices, spanning key business processes and drive the adoption of advanced data quality routines as part of data management checks and controls
• Develop detailed data standards incorporating industry best practices across Reference data, Master data and Metadata. Drive the adoption of the data standards across various divisions and functions
• Investigate on data incidents and assess the risk of non-compliance to the UOB Data Governance policy and associated data standards. Conduct root cause analysis and work with technology and functional units to put in remedial actions
• Develop cross-functional business process and data flows to address as part of data quality improvement initiatives
• Promote and drive education of Data Governance disciplines and objectives across the Group. Develop and conduct training and associated communication rollouts for the data governance initiatives
• Be an agent of change and inculcate data governance culture and discipline in front-line processes
• Degree in Information Technology, Business Computing, Data Analytics or related disciplines with at least 5-7 years of working experience in the banking industry, or consulting industry with strong exposure to Financial Services
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Data Governance and Data Quality, especially on financial industry best practices and across the regulatory landscape
• Strong understanding of data management and related disciplines, such as data architecture, data quality and metadata
• Good experience in working with data governance tools and technologies, such as across Data Quality, Data Catalogs, Glossaries, Data Lineage, etc.
• Experience of working with Big Data platforms and ETL tools is an advantage
• Excellent project management and facilitation skills, with the ability to manage different stakeholders across the Bank and to navigate through conflicts with ease
• Demonstrated ability in driving teams and initiatives independently
• Excellent written / oral communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
• Keen interest in driving transformations and process enhancements
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)