Automation Engineer (Pharmeutical/ Healthcare Industry, Office Hours 5 Days)
- Supports the execution of automation projects
- Support planning, performing and/or coordination of automation projects to ensure timely completion
- Support project electrical and panel design
- Support project programming (controller, operator interface, database, custom, etc.)
- Support Factory Acceptance Testing and simulation
- Support Site start-up and commissioning
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The Industrial Automation Engineer coordinates and participates in developing, enhancing and maintaining manufacturing automation systems.
- Provide hands-on guidance, configuration and programming of programmable logic controllers (PLC), human machine interfaces (HMI) and related process automation and control systems; supports network communications and associated hardware, from process Input/Output (I/O) networks to the process control Ethernet network (LAN).
- In addition, this position monitors and diagnoses control and network hardware malfunctions.
- Plans and lays out jobs from blueprints, CAD drawings, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Monitors and reviews hardware and software products relating to automation and information technologies, and keeps current in technology trends.
- Provides troubleshooting support plant-wide for manufacturing equipment, maintenance and other key process owners.
- Provide strategic input in capacity planning and ability to prioritize activities in accordance with the needs of production.
- The following list provides other key activities and responsibilities for the Industrial Automation Engineer:
- PLC hardware selection, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- PLC software licensing, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- HMI software development, maintenance, and support.
- Instrumentation specialist (including installation, calibration and PID tuning).
- AC / DC and servo drives
- Robotic technology – working knowledge and teach pendants
- Control system maintenance, troubleshooting and updating. Includes: Industrial Computer Systems, Operating Systems, Software, and Ethernet Network (hardware and software)
- Support internal departments with process knowledge and training.
- Perform informal root cause failure analyses for equipment for improvement opportunities.
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic control devices selection, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Organize/update all control (electronic) backups of PLC code, panelviews, instrumentation systems, drive parameters, and various other notes & procedures required for reference.
- Organize all process control development/test equipment to include maintaining PCs & laptops, test instruments, calibration equipment, software and software licenses, desktop support, networks, etc.
- Training existing electrical (or regular maintenance) technicians as necessary.
- Provide technical support to all internal departments.
- Generate, edit and publish AutoCad drawings as necessary
- Effectively leverage external suppliers and system integrators for detail design, build, and integration of early stage process equipment / system implementation.
- Capital project management support, general electrical, and instrument calibration experience desired
- Min Degree in a related field
- Min of 5 years experience as an Automation Engineer
- Must possess excellent team work and interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on good analytical skills
- Possess good customer interactions skills
- Sound ability to troubleshoot and repair
- Good communication skills
If you are interested in the position, do kindly drop your most updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] (Attn: Automation Engineer - Leon)
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express Pte Ltd (Healthcare & Lifesciences Division)
EA License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd