Automation Engineer (Pharmaceutical Mfg MNC/Office Hours 5 days/M&E)
Works as part of the team to partner with manufacturing in troubleshooting the automated control processes. Contributes to the successful implementation of system improvement projects and drives improvements around manufacturing KFA (key focus areas) goals including but not limited to people/safety, quality/regulatory/compliance, customer, financials, and operational excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs user interventions to ensure that the manufacturing process maintains a continuous flow. Implements sustainable system to reduce UI occurrence and re-occurrence.
- Creates, updates, and maintains manufacturing SOPs to ensure that they are in-line with the current process steps. Periodically audits manufacturing SOPs and revises them to maintain a rigid connection between control system actions and manual operations.
- Solves automation system and manufacturing equipment issues that result in production delays; coordinates and contacts support groups for assistance. This support will include DeltaV, EBM, PLC, EBR, BAS, process, equipment, and instrumentation.
- Participates in the execution of Project Record (PR) ownership, DeltaV/EBM/PLC/BAS configuration changes, functional tests, Commissioning Plans, and Qualification Protocols.
- Learns EBM and DeltaV control systems and assists the team in day to day manufacturing operations, troubleshooting, and change recommendations. Implements actions to prevent reoccurrence - this includes process and equipment issues.
- Leads and closes small process improvement projects that relate to DeltaV/EBM/PLC/BAS, manufacturing process, manufacturing equipment, and the operator interaction with the automation system.
- Continuously trains the manufacturing operators on the interaction between manufacturing process and automation.
- Owns and closes corrective actions related to the automation system; this includes but is not limited to Corrective Action & Preventative Action (CAPA) that are generated due to user interventions and non-conformances/events.
- Ability to discuss normally encountered technical issues, both verbally and in written form. Excellent communication skill set is a must.
- Ability to elevate issues up when needed.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to solve routine design, process, and engineering problems with assistance.
Education and/or experience
- Min B.S. in Engineering (preferably in Chemical. BioChemical, Biomedical, Electrical, or Mechanical) 5-7 years related experience would be at an advantage (in-house, co-op or acquired outside).
If you are interested in any of the positions, do kindly drop your most updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] (Attn: Automation Engineer - Leon)
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express Pte Ltd (Healthcare & Lifesciences Division)
EA License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd