Auditor / Senior Auditor
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 8-Jul-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Plan, perform, supervise, and coordinate the completion of assigned audits of a moderately complex nature in accordance with approved audit programs and departmental and professional standards in established time frames.
- Assist in establishing risk based audit work programs to effectively evaluate operations, based on best practices, regulatory requirements, and the operating environment.
- Observe and examine transactions, documents, records, reports, and procedures; prepare audit work papers recording and summarizing data pertinent to assigned audits.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations while maintaining adequate controls to safeguard company assets.
- Demonstrate teamwork by responsively cooperating with other engagement team members, sharing information and ideas, accepting constructive feedback, and accepting additional assignments when appropriate.
- Work closely with internal audit management in promptly communicating issues and concerns as they relate to audit assignments and the general operation of the department.
- Perform peer reviews of other team members’ work and challenges their understanding of audit areas and processes to assure adequate coverage.
- Communicate appropriately to process owners and management during and at the conclusion of fieldwork with regard to audit findings.
- Prepare formal written reports covering the results of audits and present audit findings and recommendations to executive management.
- Maintain excellent management client relations while communicating issues, concerns, and recommendations to management. Assist other internal auditors in maintaining excellent management client relationships.
- Perform follow up procedures to ensure agreed upon actions plans have been implemented by management as directed.
- Coordinate effectively with global audit team to complete global projects as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Assist with training of staff members in internal audit techniques, organizational issues, and departmental procedures and protocols.
- Participate in departmental initiatives and projects under the direction of ASG Management to develop a world-class internal audit function
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, business or related field.
- Minimum 2 and 4 years of related external and/or internal audit experience for auditor/ senior auditor respectively.
- Prior experience at a “Big Four” public accounting firm highly desirable.
- Experience in gaming or hospitality industry preferred but not a must.
- Possess some leadership skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to coach and develop junior auditors.
- Certification (or in the process of attaining) in at least one area (e.g., CIA, CPA or CISA) is desired.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Teammate experience a plus.
- Must have well-developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Must have some supervisory experience and proven project management skills.