Audit Manager (Real Estate / Property)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 15-Feb-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Summary of Job Responsibilities
- Identify and focus on key business risks to the organization by applying a broad “risk lens” to the business’s construction initiatives
- Provide stakeholders with an objective view that the organization’s system of internal controls is designed and operating effectively over construction projects. Ability to advise with leading practices and practical solutions for remediation
- Management and direction of assigned staff to ensure completion of complex audits within departmental and professional standards in established timeframes. Must plan, direct, execute and finalize the audit engagements.
- Manage the performance and completion of risk assessments and audit projects specifically as they relate to construction projects
- Manage project level risk assessments and develop customized audit strategies
- Conduct interviews, complete verification, and testing in the field
- Continue professional development through membership and participation in professional associations, development and presentation of in-house training programs, and continuing professional education
- Establish audit work programs to effectively evaluate operations, based on best practices, regulatory requirements, and the operating environment.
- Reviews the work of other team members and challenges their understanding of audit areas and processes to assure adequate coverage.
- Communicates appropriately to process owners and management during and at the conclusion of fieldwork with regard to audit findings.
- Review and provide feedback of formal written reports covering the results of audits and present audit findings and recommendations to executive management.
- Maintain excellent management client relations while communicating issues, concerns, and recommendations to management clients. Assist other internal auditors in maintaining excellent management client relationships.
- Lead, participate in, and monitor work assignments to ensure timely completion of project; conducts thorough review of work papers and report drafts prior to submission to department management.
- Review follow up procedures to ensure agreed upon actions plans have been implemented by management as directed.
- Coordinate effectively with global audit team to complete global projects as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Training of staff members in internal audit techniques, organizational issues, and departmental procedures and protocols.
- Participate in departmental initiatives and projects under the direction of the Vice President and/or Executive Director to develop a world-class internal audit function.
- Determine staff scheduling of assignments based on skill levels needed for specific audits/projects.
- Work with internal audit management team to identify key areas of risk in its business units and subsidiaries.
- Work closely with internal audit management in promptly communicating issues and concerns as they relate to audit assignments and the general operation of the department
- Assist internal audit management to hire, train, develop, and evaluate internal audit staff (or assists as required). Ensure that the processes encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Assist with the review and approval of department deliverables including findings and recommendations
- Establish and maintain (or assist with) a quality assurance program and develop and maintain working department audit manual.
- Provide input and direction in the development and monitoring of departmental budgets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, business or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible experience in Construction Auditing, with at least two years audit management and/or supervisory experience.
- National Association of Construction Auditors (NACA) or equivalent designation preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form; further language a plus.
- Ability to manage audit staff.
- Ability to manage projects, review audit files and provide appropriate feedback to auditors.
- Exhibits outstanding leadership, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Experience in systems implementation preferred, but not required
- Experience in the Hospitality Industry preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Word and Excel;