Confidential| Date Posted: 6-Sep-2020
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma
The Technical Superintendent is responsible for ensuring that his or her assigned product tankers are able to achieve the required technical standards and performance.
Reports to: Technical Manager
- To ensure that the vessels’ hull and machinery are continuously maintained and able to perform their operations smoothly.
- To ensure that the vessels’ certificates and documents are properly updated and stored.
- To ensure the effective implementation of the vessels’ planned maintenance system.
- To prepare, arrange and manage class and statutory surveys.
- To prepare, manage and monitor dry-dockings and other required repairs and maintenance jobs.
- To review and promote vessels’ crew performance.
- To prepare and manage vessels’ technical budget.
- Member of company’s emergency response and ship support team.
- Attend to projects and tasks as assigned.
- Seagoing experience as a Chief Engineer or Second Engineer (at least COC Class 1 or 2), or at least 2 year of experience as technical superintendent for product or chemical tankers (including dry docking experience).
- Familiar with statutory and class requirements.
- Strong sense of integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, management and communication skills.