Asst Project & Commercial Manager (Marine)
Asst Manager, Project & Commercial
MNC in marine industry
Work location: West coast road, Pasir Panjang area
Duties and responsibilities:
• Support Marine Div through project related tasks and functions by coordinating and driving those tasks.
• support the sales department during contract negotiations through solid and approved Terms and Conditions, including shipping and payment routines, thereby securing THE COMPANY Marine’s interests.
• Conduct internal interface and kick-off meetings to review contracts with regards to scope, delivery-time and payment-procedures in order to assure a fluent transition from sales over to contract management.
• Act as a regional representative of THE COMPANY Marine while meeting with customers regarding order-related matters to verify scope and interface conditions as well as support customer-requests on logistics and delivery.
• Provide project related transparency by ensuring that contracts are continuously filed and documented.
• Travel throughout the region and to product factories as needed.
• Work within a regional matrix in support of the overall growth of the Marine business.
• Work together with THE COMPANY Marine's Finance Department to support the finance tasks of tracking and verification of incoming customer payments.
• Assist the THE COMPANY Factories and their representatives in verifying LC and BL documents as well as verifying shipment arrivals and customer confirmations upon receipt of goods.
• Maintain a close working-relationship through weekly communications with THE COMPANY's European factories and THE COMPANY Shanghai office.
• Work as needed with classification societies to push for and document approvals and classification interactions with regards to order-related matters.
• Remain aware about compliance rules and policies, thereby maintaining full transparency towards management and customers with regards to representation and commercial agreements.
• Manage, coordinate and process/ execute projects involving packages of more than one product to ensure smooth execution of the projects
• Cost management and cost control for projects involving packages – work towards maximizing the project margins with efficient utilization of resources and deriving efficiencies in shipping and all other related activities.
• Coordinate with shipyards and manage commissioning schedules, visit as necessary to assess project schedules and readiness, site checks for efficient and effective utilization of commissioning budgets and expenses.
• Support THE COMPANY Marine OES Sales in preparing Sales Quotations and Sales Orders for Transmission Orders. Work as the overall coordinator between Marine OE sales management team and SCM and inventory control functions.
• Track Customer’s Purchase Orders, Sales Orders and Purchase Orders to THE COMPANY Factories for OES Sales.
• Track and manage inventory, deliveries and invoicing of orders on a weekly basis.
Competencies and experiences:
• Diploma or equivalent in Engineering or related field
• At least 3 years of professional experience in the related field
• Proficient MS Office skills (especially Word & Outlook)
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ready to travel when necessary
• Good English language skills
What's On Offer
- Attractive benefits and bonuses
- MNC environment
- Career progression
Corporate Talent Pte Ltd