Asssistant Manager/Manager - Customs and Trade Compliance
Schenker Singapore Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 10-Feb-2021
'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Reporting to the HOD, to provide subject matter expertise to lead, develop, and ensure compliance with all relevant local and international trade laws and regulations, in accordance with Schenker corporate standards.
- Develop effective internal controls surrounding local import/export process to ensure site compliance with division and corporate requirements, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Act as a subject matter expert and advisor regarding compliant import/export of goods and participate in business tenders related to customs and trade compliance.
- Apply advanced knowledge of local and international (US) import/export regulations and requirements, staying abreast of new regulations and programs that may impact the business.
- Manage Customs projects/initiatives, research customs requirements/restrictions / free trade agreements; train internal/external customers to ensure corporate customs compliance policies and procedures are implemented.
- Supervise all the Customs and Trade Compliance activities across all business units (eg. Strategic Goods Control, FTA schemes, US Export / Foreign Trade Controls, the efficacy of permit declarations, the impact of Dangerous Goods regulations on customs clearance for DG classified shipments, special customs clearance procedures, i.e CARNET and etc).
- Resolve issues and address any customs or government agency issues.
- Liaise with outsourced Permit Declaring Agent contractors and manage performance to ensure complete and accurate information is provided to Customs.
- Conduct periodic audits of customs compliance procedures and documentation.
- Ensure appropriate corrective actions are implemented in response to any findings in the import/export compliance audits.
- Ensure work processes stay relevant to the current operating arena and customer expectations.
- Work with the Regional & Corporate Customs & Trade Compliance team to develop effective training programs and provide training to Singapore as needed.
- Possess a Diploma or Bachelor Degree of any discipline, preferably in Logistics & Supply Chain/Business Administration.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Customs & Trade Compliance related field.
- Good knowledge of various Customs Schemes like ZG, Licensed warehouse etc with TradeFIRST banding certifications is a must.
- Good knowledge on Strategic Goods Management, Export Control and Internal Compliance Program (ICP) will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge in HS Code Classification is required.
- Any Customs & Trade Control related certifications is a good to have.
- Must have good program and project management skills to work directly with customers and internal partners on trade & custom regulatory compliance.
- Excellent communication skills to work with various levels of management and operational teams across the business.
- A motivator, communicator, trainer and facilitator in managing work & business performance and aspiration.
Schenker Singapore Pte Ltd