Associate Director/Senior Associate Director, Office of Advancement
- Plan, develop and implement active and effective strategies to meet fundraising goals for the university.
- Work to develop campus-wide gift opportunities and create proposals, which seek to match the interests of numerous donors, including individuals, corporations and foundations, with the needs of the University to maximise long-term value.
- Interact with business and community leaders to seek the involvement of increasing the number of individuals in programmes that provide financial and volunteer support for the University. Strategically advance the University’s most important relationships.
- Take on responsibilities for existing donors to strengthen relationships for cultivation and stewardship purposes. Work with the stewardship team to ensure that donors’ communications are timely and relevant.
- Work closely with the university administrators and academics, obtaining their support while managing expectations and relationships. Foster a spirit of collegiality and distributed ownership of success.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree with at least 10 years’ of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated outstanding performance in fundraising, complex CRM, communications environment.
- Proven track record in development, communications or other relationship-based business discipline.
- Track record in participating personally in high-level negotiations with a positive and resilient manner with the ability to work under pressure. Knowledge of fundraising principles, techniques and ethics. Knowledge of major sources of wealth within Singapore and throughout Asia.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and interact effectively with academic leaders, faculty, donors, civic leaders, volunteers and staff at all levels.
- Strong work ethics.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and must be a good listener.
- Ability to articulate and persuasive presenter to large and small groups.
- Possess sound judgement and strong professional presence, as well as a collegial work style that promotes teamwork, creativity and open communication. The individual must have the ability to understand and effectively articulate the mission and goals of SMU with enthusiasm and energy, to compel others to action.
- Passion for higher education and the non-profit sector is highly desirable.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University