Associate Director , Real Estate Transaction Management
Roles & Responsibilities
Seeking a highly motivated transactions operator to join the Real Estate Transaction Management team in our Singapore HQ office, reporting to the Senior Director and Head of Transactions Counsels.
The candidate will be responsible for leading lease / management agreement negotiations and supporting general transactional work for South-East Asia.
The Transactions Management team is responsible for leading lease negotiations and supporting transactional work throughout term sheet and lease negotiations on behalf of Real Estate. Given the company’s deal volume, the Associate Director is responsible for driving the negotiation process, while working closely with deal originators and legal counsel. As a deal negotiator, the Associate Director/ Director is responsible for keeping in mind the long-term professional management of WeWork’s leasing pipeline and portfolio within their designated region and territory. As a dedicated member of a regional deal team, this role requires a deep understanding of commercial leasing terms and passion for working across functionality to meet regional goals.
- Working directly with a dedicated Real Estate Transaction Lawyer to support agreement reviews and negotiations
- Working closely with stakeholders, including construction and design, building operations, and finance to ensure each departments’ needs are met throughout the lease transaction whilst ensuring compliance with company’s internal policies and protocols.
- Be the main point of contact between WeWork and Landlord(s) for coordinating the entire transaction deal process.
- Anticipate and identify commercial and operational issues of concern to the company, and develop strategies and solutions to resolve such situations. Creating and facilitating processes that ensure all business needs are met in the most efficient manner.
- Contributing to and overseeing investment committee presentations etc.
- Business degree from a reputable university
- 5-8 years of experience at real estate consultancy, brokerage, bank or developer in a Transactions or Project Management function
- Preference but not prerequisite for someone with real estate or hospitality experience and exposure, however, transactional / CRE Brokerage experience is a MUST
- Strong capabilities in lease negotiations and alternative deal structures
- Team player who can work within and across the various functions of the company
- Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of different teams
- A multi-tasker with excellent analytical and commercial skills
- Ability to understand business needs and partner with the business unit to create solutions
- Strong understanding of the interplay between operational and business risk
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and flexible
- Excel under pressure and meet deadlines; ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Travel may be required for up to 50%