Associate Director, Operations - Network
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 4-Jun-2018
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- To lead and manage team of network and telecom engineers for the operations and the management of Marina Bay Sands.
- Assign team resources to support daily network and telecom operations and ensuring optimal and fair distribution of assignment.
- To plan and execute plan to improve overall network and voice performance, optimize network bandwidth utilization and work closely with cyber security team on potential network security risks.
- Network and telecom capacity management to ensure adequate resources available to support business projects and operation’s needs.
- Work towards continual improvement in operational efficiencies, enabling innovation, furthering productivity and delivering value to our business.
- Response to incident escalation and coordinate team effort in determining root cause and resolving problem.
- Run the operations based on matrix and scorecard.
- Ensure the team adhere to policies and SOPs, procedure and runbook.
- Work with Corporate IT Architect in engineering of network and telecom architecture solution, upgrade/enhancement and tech refresh.
- To test and evaluate technologies for supporting new network and telecom service, contribute in planning, design and implementation of new network and telecom services.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experiences in networking (IP, Multicast), network devices, Cisco CUCM, Avaya PBX, Aruba wireless capable of designing and implementation of network solutions to support business and operation’s needs.
- Escalation path for network, telecom and 24x7 infrastructure team
- Deep understand of network protocols such as TCPIP, Network Routing protocols, FTP, HTTP, DNS, Multicast, etc.
- Lead and participate in IT and business meeting on operations and projects.
- Drive the team on research, evaluate, recommend, design, test, implement and maintain new Network/Telecom/WIFI systems
- Drive network and telecom technical design reviews, system integration and provide guidance to network and telecom engineers.
- Ability to work with external vendors and business to implement complex projects.
- Excellent communications skills, good interpersonal skills and ability to manage a team of 40 TM and managers.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Proven effective written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work in a highly critical, high pressured and 24/7 environment
- Minimum 10 years of experience in network, firewall, telecom (Cisco/Avaya) and wireless (Aruba) operations.
- Degree/Diploma in IT or relevant Discipline
- Certification in CCNA, CCNP, CCIE is highly preferred