Associate Bartender - Service Bars Gaming Floor
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 11-Sep-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Summary of Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of requisitioned bar supplies, i.e. CO2 canisters, liquor, wine, beer, fruit, glasses, matches, and ice. Position requires extensive physical exertion to include arms, hands, and legs. Requires the use of four wheel carts, four- wheel ice containers, and two- wheel trash containers. Tasks include pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, walking and reaching. Requires the ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Must maintain complete knowledge of Magnificent 8 Standards
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections available in the bar.
- Every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- Out of stock items.
- Bar layout, hours of operation
- Be aware of in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- All department policies / service procedures.
- Attend line-ups with other staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Maintain storage areas with proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness. Rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies as requested by superiors.
- Replenish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Remove trash, empty boxes and soiled bar towels as needed during shift
- Attend meal breaks as assigned
- Participate and contribute in all designated meetings
- Anticipate, acknowledge and respond promptly to guests requests at all times
- Answer outlet telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Ensure all assigned closing duties are completed before signing out.
- Take part in formal training programs
- Provide feedback of any problems to the Superior.
- Work to be part of a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Successful completion of the training/certification processes
- Work at designated bar or as delegated by supervisor.
- Assist bartender in bar set-up and garnish preparation.
- Deliver all beverage supplies from the beverage store or general store to the beverage outlets and service areas upon proper requisition.
- Transport supplies from storeroom to bar.
- Assist Bartender in the preparation of drinks orders.
- Prepare garnishes.
- Stock glassware and paper supplies.
- Replenish all stocks and ice throughout shift, under the direction of the Bartender.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of the bar area at all times.
- Polish glassware and bar equipment.
- Report to Bartender any operating items that will be running out within a short period of time, for replacement.
- Offer help to colleagues.
- If not occupied, inform Bartender, and assist in collecting glasses and other items from the floor.
- Maintain Company standards of personal hygiene and be well groomed.
- Be punctual to work, and report to a supervisor when going on and off duty.
Education & Certification
- Completion of high school “O” Level
- Diploma in any field is an advantage
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- F&B Knowledge
- Able to lift up to 20KG without assistance
- Be able to work for night shift and smoking areas.